I’ll be honest. As a homeschool mom, I’m absolutely intimidated by the prospect of teaching my kids any science beyond elementary school. It’s simply not my strength. I could read aloud for hours but set up a straightforward chemistry experiment and lead my kids through it? I can already feel myself sweating!
But I know just how important it is to give my kids hands-on experiences with science. I also know my days of confidently and competently teaching science are numbered. Which is why I’m so excited to have found College Prep Science’s 2-day Science Lab Intensives for the high school years–which will soon be upon us!
What you need to know about College Prep Science
1. Teaches Science from a Christian Worldview
Greg Landry of College Prep Science is a homeschool dad and former college professor with over 20 years’ experience teaching science. He creates a safe supportive environment in his live online classes and 2-Day in-person Science Labs and approaches science from a place of awe at God’s creation–from the incredible details of the human body to the wonders of chemical reactions. But in doing so, Greg doesn’t sacrifice critical thinking, skill-building, or deep scientific inquiry. Instead, he emphasizes that critical thinking and a Christian worldview go hand-in-hand!
2. Prepares Kids for College
Greg has developed a series of live online classes for students from 6th through 12th grade that cover all of the standard science subjects at an affordable price–with no prep work required from us parents! The students even get to participate in virtual labs, so the courses are truly comprehensive.
- 6th – 9th Grade: Pre-Anatomy & Physiology and Pre-Biology
- 8th – 12th Grade: College Prep Biology (9th-12th) or Life-Prep Biology (8th-12th)
- 9th – 12th Grade: College Prep Chemistry (10th-12th) or Life-Prep Chemistry (9th-12th)
- 10th-12th Grade: College Prep Physics (10th-12th) or Life-Prep Physics (9th-12th)
- 9th-12th Grade: Human Anatomy and Physiology
College Prep Science also offers a variety of electives for those kids wanting to go beyond the typical science courses, including: Forensic Science & Anatomy, Embryology, Exercise & Sports Physiology, and Microbiology / Biochemistry.
3. Provides Hands-On Experience
For 8th graders and up, Greg offers 2-day Science Lab Intensives in two subjects–Chemistry and Biology / Anatomy & Physiology. He hosts these live science labs in 15 cities nationwide, including right here in North Houston where I live!
Over the course of two days, students complete an entire academic year’s worth of labs. I just love this focused approach–the kids learn the concepts at home and put them into action in the lab. This is ideal hands-on learning with a qualified teacher in a group of their peers! I could never create this same kind of environment at home, so I’m thankful such a high quality option like this exists.
College Prep Science is offering a giveaway of any online full-year science class ($680 value)! One winner will be awarded at the end of every month. That winner may choose from one of these classes:
- College Prep Biology (grades 8-12)
- Life Prep Biology (grades 8-12)
- College Prep Chemistry (grades 9-12)
- Life Prep Chemistry (grades 8-12)
- College Prep Physics (grades 10-12)
- Life Prep Physics (grades 9-12)
- Pre-Biology and Pre-Anatomy & Physiology (grades 6-9)
- Pre-Chemistry and Pre-Physics (grades 6-9)
- Exercise & Sports Physiology and Forensic Science (grades 8-12)
- Human Anatomy & Physiology (grades 9-12)
Because it’s an online class, anyone in the world is eligible! This month’s giveaway ends September 30, 2019. Head on over to the website to enter!